I'm a web developer who recently went freelance this year, and I'm begining to subcontract out some of the work on my projects. I'm looking for some guidance on picking the right tool(s) to help me out.
1) I need the ability to file bugs
2) File request for new features (clearly flag these separate from bugs
3) Ability to assign an item to a subcontractor
4) Ability for a subcontractor to pick an open issue and work on it
(It is important for me to tell if something is being worked on by someone else so there will not be duplicate effort)
5) Ability to suggest a "timebox" on an item. ex. I would prefer if you did not spend longer than 2 hours on this item.
6) Looking for a tool that is free / open source
I've worked solo for many years, so I know very little to what others are using.