We have a web-based software product that has a growing user-base of around 200+ people.
I won't go into details on our current workflow, but it involves word documents and converting to HTML and I am convinced I can come up with a better platform for hosting our documentation on.
Key things I am looking for are:
- Needs to be easily searchable
- Allows for real time editing via a browser.
- Ideally, perhaps version control. Our users could be on different versions so should be duplicate documents for each version.
I have been playing with MediaWiki, Wordpress and Confluence, but would like:
- some advice on good platforms to host a documentation on
- considerations I should take into account when evaluating these platforms.
EDIT - From Simons question in the comments, ill post a link to our existing web-help.
It is aimed at our end users - this is split into administrators, general users and developers.