I'm currently building a tool that my company intends to sell. I'm the sole developer on the project and it is being developed outside our normal code base and to a certain extent outside our normal process.
I'm trying to put together a checklist of items to check before I deem the software ready to release for testing.
These are the items that I've come up with so far:
- Is code commented appropriately?
- Does the code adhere to the defined Company Standards?
- Is there error handling in place?
- Is there appropriate security?
- Is there appropriate logging?
- Is localisation required?
- Have release notes and any accompanying documentation been produced?
- Has all testing and debugging code been removed?
- Has sensitive data been such as passwords and licence keys been removed?
- Has performance been checked? Any memory leaks?
Can anybody suggest items that could be added to this list and explain why you would think it would be useful? My goal is to have a template checklist that I can then customise on a project by project basis.