I want to create an illustration for a product purchase wizard, and I want to illustrate the way user interacts with the wizard. It's basically a simple flowchart or a simple workflow:
- User starts the wizard
- User selects product
- User should check the availability of that product (manually)
- If the product is available, then the next button is enabled, else it's disabled
- If user change the product type, then the next button should be disabled
- User goes to the next step
- Based on the product type, a different UI is shown to him in the next step
- He should adjust some other settings, ...
I started creating a sequence diagram, but soon it proved not to be a good fit. Then I changed to activity diagram, again no success.
What type of diagram should I choose to illustrate this flowchart (which is full of conditions, branching, state management, user interaction and more)? Do we have such a general diagram at all? What software should I use?
Update: To clarify further, I'd like to draw a diagram of a scenario rather than a workflow.