Maybe someone can share from his experience about developing an application that is meant to scale big time where just throwing more money at better hardware isn't a realistic option using development methodologies such as SCRUM and XP.
- Did you need to rewrite substantial parts of your app because of current framework couldn't scale enough to fit current sprint's stories? how do you avoid that?
- When do you do stress (or load) testing?
- In what stage did you make your SMART(TM) design concerning bleeding edge requirements?
- Did you add more stages to the dev-cycle of write-a-test, code-to-pass-test, refactor?
- Did you just refactor everything in the end to meet demands?