Opening up a "hacker cafe" in San Francisco has been a kind of passive dream of mine for a while, but the more I work here, the more I see the demand and the possibility of it happening. I can't think of a better place to ask for some feedback on what I should include in terms of environment, gadgets, etc.
Some ideas of mine include:
- Unlimited free coffee
- An external monitor to plug into at each station
- Vending machine with Jolt/Mtn Dew/[caffeine drink]
- TONS of outlets
- pull-down/up separators between work stations (if you want a little privacy)
- cupholders built into the desks
- open 24/7 or at least til late (maybe 3am?), maybe open like 11am to 3am
If you could think of something that you would love to see in a hacker-specific cafe, what would it be?
PS I have seen this question, and I like some of these ideas, but they are more for a work environment rather than a cafe environment.
Thanks, and I hope to turn this into a reality at some point! :)
For those who want to comment on the business end of things, I created a separate question.