I am creating a rails app with following constraints
- It has no database
- It uses a web API to store and retrieve the data
- The connection to the web API is via a custom gem.
- The Gem has a basic functionality to make a web API call based on the parameters given.
- I have 2-3 different kinds of object that I can think of ( or may be more precisely virtual model )
How should the structure of my program be ?
- Should I incorporate all the method calls within the gem ?
- Should I create models and put the api related calls in there (then through the gem's basic method)
- Should I just ignore the model and put everything in the controller . ?
The second method seems most appropriate , but then all the methods from model would be static and I would be calling all methods in essence without any objects.