Here's a common situation:
- You need to implement a bulk operation in an application that uses an ORM framework.
- After the first pass, you've noticed significant performance problems.
Here's my question:
- In this situation, should you favor a solution that includes raw SQL?
- Or are there well-known design patterns that can help you mitigate problems that are commonly associated with bulk operations with ORM frameworks?
- I'm not asking if you should remove the ORM framework from the entire application.
- I'm asking: Should you forgo the ORM framework for this small slice of the application?