I'm a student putting together a slide geared towards freshmen level students who are trying to understand what the importance of various classes in the CS curriculum are. Would it be safe to say that this list is fairly accurate?
- Data structures: how to store stuff in programs
- Discrete math: how to think logically
- Bits & bytes: how to ‘speak’ the machine’s language
- Advanced data structures: how to store stuff in more ways
- Algorithms: how to compute things efficiently
- Operating systems: how to do manage different processes/threads