We are trying to have our own startup, with a middleware application to glue small applications with enterprise legacy systems.
for such middle-ware to function properly, we will need some sort of messaging system to make different components talk to each other in a reliable way. the alternatives are:
- use an existing messaging system, such as 0MQ, jBOSS, WebSphere MQ, etc.
- build our own messaging system the way we see the problem
I am more biased towards the later option for the following reasons:
- to have more control over our final product
- to avoid any licensing problems later on
- to learn about messaging while writing the code
- to invent something new, that might cost us lots of $$$ if reused an existing system
What would you do if in my shoes?