Programmers Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional programmers interested in conceptual questions about software development. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Say I have class that is partially implemented as a static class and partially implemented as a singleton.

Besides "kludge" and "code-smell" (imo this is both) is there a more appropriate term for this type of mixing programming idioms?

share|improve this question

The time honored tradition is to name this type of error after the programmer that made it, and then refer to similar errors with that name until you find someone worse. :-)

share|improve this answer
I like it (I am sure I can get some named after me). – Loki Astari Dec 6 '11 at 12:23

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.