I have a course with the following description:
The purpose of this course is the study of programming language security features and languages designed to support it explicitly. Static and dynamic constructs for security in languages and systems, as well as software engineering security principles/patterns.
- Basic Programming Language security framework.
- Designing secure programming languages
- Access control in programming languages
- Information flow languages
- Capability Languages
- Mobile programming languages
- Software Engineering and Security
- Basic software vulnerabilities in systems
- Secure Software Engineering life-cycle
- Patterns, and Practices for software security
I'm confused - How is PL security different from regular security? I'm looking for possible textbooks/books to study, or websites that are good in this topic, or any advice/tips. The professor told me to know C and Java well, that's all I know so far.
I appreciate any tips or advice.