I am about to start with an application using JSF 2, Seam 3, Hibernate and Hibernate search with the following characteristics:
- Users will be uploading documents (pdf, doc).
- There can be millions of documents.
- The application will be deployed in the cloud.
Here are my questions:
- What will be the best place to store the documents: a database or a content management system (CMS)?
- If choosing a database, should I go with document oriented db?
- Is there any integration between Hibernate and document oriented databases or CMS to fetch the documents and index it in Lucene?
Basically I am looking for an approach that will be good for storing documents in the cloud, easy accessibility of documents for indexing and keeping performance in mind.
Any suggestions / experience or link on this will be good.