I would like to ask members of the community about the role of Configuration Manager, as you see it. I'm not asking what Configuration Management is, as long it had been asked before. What I need to know is:
- What tasks do you think Configuration Manager should perform (or performs) in your team?
- What is primary responsibility of Configuration Manager?
- What are secondary/auxiliary responsibilities of Configuration Manager?
- Does Configuration Manager need to be in charge of development processes on the project/company or he should be told what to do?
- What are relations between Configuration Manager, Build Manager, Release Manager, Deployment Engineer, CI Engineer roles? Aren't they all the same - Configuration Management?
- Maybe term Configuration Management is redundant and Technical/Team Lead should do all the related work instead?
It would be really great if you could share your vision and experience.