I'm trying to figure out an exercise but it doesn't really makes to much sense.. I'm not asking someone to provide the solution. just to try and analyse what needs to be done in order to solve this. I'm trying to understand which PSP 1.0 1.1 process I should use. PROBE? Or something else? I would greatly appreciate some help on this one from someone that has experience with the Personal Software Process Methodology..
Here is the question.
For the reference case (“code1.c”), the following s/w metrics are provided:
- man-hours spent in implementation phase (per-module): 2,7 mh/file
- man-hours spent in testing phase (per-module): 4,3 mh/file
- estimated number of bugs remaining (per-module): 0,3 errors/function, 4 errors/module (remaining)
Based on the corresponding values provided for the reference case, each of the following tasks focus on some s/w metrics to be estimated for the test case (“code2.c”): [25 marks]
- (estimated) man-hours required in implementation phase (per-module) [8 marks]
- (estimated) man-hours required in testing phase (per-module) [8 marks]
- (estimated) number of bugs remaining at the end of testing phase (per-module) [9 marks]
Tasks 4 through 6 should use the data provided for the reference case within the context of Personal Software Process level-1 (PSP-1), using them as a single-point historic data log. Specifically, the same s/w metrics are to be estimated for the test case (“code2.c”), using PSP as the basic estimation model.
In order to perform the above listed tasks, students are advised to consider all phases of the PSP software development process, especially at levels PSP0 and PSP1. Both cases are to be treated as separate case-studies in the context of classic s/w development.