I've been working on a .NET personal project for a little while now and it's almost ready to go open source.
I've decided (arbitrarily) to host it on codeplex. Codeplex offers TFS or mercurial.
I'm wondering which I should pick. Consider:
- I've only ever used subversion.
- I'm using VS 2010 express as my IDE.
- Tools must be free (so the mercurial client if I go that route).
- From what I've been hearing, mercurial sounds interesting but I know very little about it so if there's a learning curve, then I don't want to add too many more learning objectives to the project.
- I don't expect any contributors.
So I guess the actual question is, is mercurial easy enough to use with codeplex and does it add anything that the TFS option doesn't?