My family is looking for a programming/computer science tutor.
Personally, I want to learn Java or some other brand of web programming. I am best described as a PC "power user." I have never programmed in the past and would like a good jump start. I am a very quick learner and do not expect the tutor to have to teach me the ultra basic stuff that I can learn myself.
My son also needs a programming tutor. He just got into Carnegie Mellon as a computer science major. Having done only robotics and mathematics in the past he is very nervous that he does not have the same level of knowledge as his future classmates.
I need some help coming up with a list of questions to ask potential tutors and some criteria to judge them by.
Edit: So far I have come up with just the obvious...
- Where did you receive your education?
- What languages are you familiar with?
- How long have you been tutoring?
- What made you decide to become a tutor?
- What software projects have you worked on?
- What work references can you give me?
- How much do you charge?