I have a blog that I use mostly to record solutions to problems I have had, that I had some trouble finding an answer to. Mostly problems where the online doc I googled provided too much info, and I found the answer to my question on the fifth page of my third google hit.
(Or if I asked the question here, I either didn't get an answer or I got slammed for asking a question that "the answer could be easily googled.")
I frequently look up stuff on this blog to remind myself of how I solved a problem, and it gets a decent amount of hits from others as well.
Anyway, I was wondering if mentioning this blog on my resume would help or hurt me in a job search? The topics are all over the map.
What I would hope it shows is that
- I am a person who finds solutions to problems
- I have used many different technologies in my work
- I am not afraid to tackle a challenge
What I am concerned it shows is that
- This person had trouble with something that simple?
- Why is this person bothering to blog this stuff?