- You push to production
- The push broke multiple things
- That same build did not break qa or dev
- As a developer, you don't have prod access.
- There is lots of pressure from above to get things working agian.
- PHP/MVC application that is API-driven in Zend.
- Deployed to a few servers.
While investigating, lets say I have a hunch that something is wrong. But, I don't know for sure. And, of course, I can't test things in production. If I have a suggested fix based on that hunch, would it be wise to try and apply it and see if it works, before understanding what the problem is?