Programmers Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for professional programmers interested in conceptual questions about software development. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Any one ever heard of the term collapsed Backbone? Could it be a virtual network that could be referred also to this term.

share|improve this question

closed as off topic by Yannis Nov 1 '12 at 16:08

Questions on Programmers Stack Exchange are expected to relate to software development within the scope defined by the community. Consider editing the question or leaving comments for improvement if you believe the question can be reworded to fit within the scope. Read more about reopening questions here.If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

Have you googled it? The Wikipedia article gives a short description. – Benjamin Kloster Jun 19 '12 at 7:42
up vote 5 down vote accepted

Yes they are referring to a virtual network.

A non distributed backbone where all network segments are interconnected via a single internetworking device. A collapsed backbone may be a virtual network segment existing in a device such as a repeater, router, or bridge.

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.