I have lots of ideas for products to be built. The problem is that I have less than a year of professional work experience and I am afraid of getting judged negatively in the future based on what I produce now. I have no clue if my code is any good.
I am not familiar with any of the coding patterns. All I know is to build products that work. I want to have a public profile in github for my future projects and I will try hard to make sure that it is well commented, is optimized and clean.
These are the things that I fear getting exposed publicly:
- My code may not be highly optimized.
- Wrong usage of certain libraries or functions which coincidentally get the job done.
- Not knowing or following any coding pattern.
- Lots of bugs/ not considering corner, edge cases
- Fundamental lack of understanding and application of certain concepts such as thread safety, concurrency issues in multi-threaded programming, etc.
Should I go ahead and get started or continue to stick to building stuff locally and privately till I get more experience. I don't want the mistakes made here to haunt my career prospects in the long run.