What would the job function be called for someone who needs to do the following functions:
- interpret system functional designs to devise a technical solution
- implement the technical solution, which will involve the following components:
- code an SQL Stored Procedure that implement a bunch of business rules from the functional design to arrive at a certain resultset (obviously using both an efficient means that's also readable and maintainable by other members of the team). That resultset is then loaded into a Application X.
- draw decision flow diagrams (using the drawing tools in Microsoft Excel) to describe the action that should be taken on each row in the resultset based on the data in that row.
- develop configuration files that can be deployed into Application X to (a) allow that decision processing to occur and (b) for the actual execution of the resulting action.
That's really the nuts and bots of the role. Around that is (a) understanding and fixing reported defects, (b) understanding and implemented requested changes, and (c) new projects.
Is there a common job title that these job functions would fit into?
I thought Systems Analyst may be appropriate, however my searches online suggest that may be abstracted from the actual doing of the work.
Some manager's believe Data Analyst is what it needs to be, and yes, although a SQL and knowledge of the databases is very important and takes most of the development time, does that neglect the "flow chart" and "config files" side of the role that really have nothing to do with SQL?