I am working on a small product based company developing .Net applications. There is a small team with 5-6 developers. I am a person responsible for planning everything. But my primary role is Software developer.
Now our current project is very unstable because of poor organization. Today my boss called me and told to submit a report about required resources, appropriate methodology, required man power and their salary scales to make the current project success.
I know I don’t have enough organization skills and I need to go deep in my programming skills. So I need to focus only in the development. So I can’t manage the project anymore.
Now I am searching some other ways to make ongoing development success. My questions are
- What is the suitable agile methodology to my team?
- Is Scrum is suitable for above mentioned scenario?
- If we adopt Scrum, what we have to do next? (I think hiring new one to manage the project is more suitable. So we have to get Scrum master and some other developers.)
- Are there any resources (books, Blogs and etc) to get some tips and advices to solve this problem?
- If Scrum is not a suitable methodology for our scenario, what else can be more suitable methodology to adopt?
Can anyone give a good solution for my problem?