As the subject goes; once a software architect puts down the high level design and approach to a software that is to be developed from scratch, how does the team ensure that it is implemented successfully? To my mind the following things will need to be done
- Proper understanding of requirements
- Setting down coding practices and guidelines
- Regular code reviews to ensure the guidelines are being adhered to
- Revisiting the requirements phase and making necessary changes to design based on client inputs if there are any changes to requirements
- Proper documentation of what is being done in code
- Proper documentation of requirements and changes to them
- Last but not the least, implementing the design via object oriented code where appropriate
Did I miss anything?
Would love to hear any mistakes that you have learned from in your project experiences. What went wrong, what could have been done better.
Thanks for taking the time..