I know that there is a lot healthy discussion about this topic. but my case is entirely different from these discussions.
I have just passed out my graduation. During the graduation period, i had done C#.net and java as well. Now i am working as Android programmer in a company. In the recent times, i have heard a lot about pros and cons of these platforms. What our seniors used to suggest that,
- ASP.net is a lot better than JSP for website developement.
- .net provides us lot of in built tools and API's for building powerfull applications.
- Java's platform independancy has always been issue among them.
- Security fetures are more in java.
- .Net has more powerfull IDE's.
Now i am a bit confused on which platform to choose from these. I found java better from two, so did i prefer to choose android. Also, the discussion always ends with an issue that java has no scope for job as far has .net does. I would like to hear suggestions on this topic, but it would be better, if you consider indian IT market for this discussion.