In my experience, a Software Development Team that comprises:
- 1 Project Manager
- 1 Tech Lead
- 1 - 2 Senior Dev
- 2 - 3 Junior Dev (Fresh grad)
Only the Tech Lead & PM (and/or Senor Dev/s) will participate in a meeting with Clients, Domain Experts, Client's technical resource.
I can think of the ff potential pitfalls:
- Important info gets lost
- Human error (TL/PM might forgot to disseminate info due to pressure or plain human error)
- Non-verbal info (maybe a presentation using a diagram presented by Domain Expert)
- Maintaining Ubiquitous language is harder to build since not all team members get to hear the non-dev persons
- Potential of creative minds are not fully realized (Personally, I am more motivated to think/explore when I am involved with these important meetings)
Advantages of this approach:
- Only one point of contact
- Less time spent on meetings?
Honestly, I am biased & against this approach. I would like to hear your opinions. Is this how you do it in your team?