Am I considered "technical"?
I am starting my third company, and in the process of doing so, I meet investors. They seem to be all caught up in whether a startup has a technical co-founder. Ok. So what makes a person technical?
Here's some info about me. You be the judge.
- I have worked for software and internet companies for 18 years.
- I have built web sites.
- I am starting my third company.
- My business partners build the web architectures for the businesses I dream up.
- I've successfully launched technical products for mobile and web in the US and Internationally.
- I do the rest of the work.
- I have a Github account.
- I've built my own gaming PCs.
But I may be taking the question too literally when asked "Are you technical?"
- I don't code, but I can read code well enough to copy/paste it.
- I've worked on command line editors like emacs and vi, but it's not my forte.
Or should I just lighten up and answer "Yes" when asked?