I am a recruiter. I want to learn as much as I can about JEE5/JEE6 so when I try and find these types of candidates I can at least talk intelligently with them.
What I need to understand is what goes without saying? So for example, if you were a J2EE or had experience with JEE5 or JEE6, could I assume you had spring and hibernate? Could I assume you had Jboss and Jboss admin?
I guess it would be helpful if I posted a job description and let you guys tell me what is wrong with it?
Candidate must have the following skills:
- Extensive experience with Java/J2EE Development
- Experience with various Development Tools (Eclipse, SVN, etc.)
- Database design and SQL expertise
- Web Services
- JavaServer Faces (JSF)
- Model-View-Controller (MVC)
- Comfortable working in a Unix/Linux environment
- JBoss Deployment and Administration
So if I was a certified J2EE would i have all these skills? Are these skills even grouped right? If you were writing this job description for a J2EE what would you change? I am trying to learn. I am not posting this to find candidates for a job. I am posting this to try and get a handle on what a hiring manager is asking for and be able to tell him, there is no way a J2EE has all these skills or, no problem, all J2EE's have these skills. Am I making sense?