I am developing an Android application for my final year project which allows the holder of a mobile device to receive a text notification containing potentially sensitive information from a server.
My question is this, if a User downloads the application, what is a suitable way for them to create an account / log in on my server to receive notifications from it?
I was thinking:
- Open application
- Click Register
- Fill out fields (Name / Address / ID / Phone no.)
- Send to server
- Display "Account Pending"
- If approved, send positive message, begin receiving notifications from server.
- If denied, send negative message, if User tries to log in with that account, the App will inform them that it was rejected.
- Add received information to a "Pending Account"
- When an Admin comes online, they can review the information (How can they be sure the person is who they say they are?)
- If the account is approved, the details are moved to a normal User account, otherwise moved to rejected accounts.
I can't think of another solution which would fit this problem. If anybody knows of a patterns or design I appropriate to hear from you.