I keep running into the same problems. The problem is irrelevant, but the fact that I keep running into is completely frustrating.
The problem only happens once every, 3-6 months or so as I stub out a new iteration of the project. I keep a journal every time, but I spend at least a day or two each iteration trying to get the issue resolved.
How do you guys keep from making the same mistakes over and over?
I've tried a journal but it apparently doesn't work for me.
A few more details about the issue: Each time I make a new project to hold the files, I import a particular library. The library is a C++ library which imports
glx.h GLX redefines
BOOL and that's not kosher since
BOOL is a keyword for ObjC.
I had a fix the last time I went through this. I
#ifndef the header in the library to exclude GLEW and GLX and everything worked hunky-dory.
This time, however, I do the same thing, use the same
#ifndef block but now it throws a bunch of errors. I go back to the old project, and it works. New project no-worky.
It seems like it does this every time, and my solution to it is new each time for some reason. I know
#includes are one of the trickiest areas of C++ (and cross-language with Objective-C), but I had this working and now it's not.