My requirements are:
- To build an ASP.NET MVC web application to use Windows-based authentication, since all the users which will be accessing the application are our internal employees, and they have username and password on our company's Active Directory.
So, as I understand, the Windows authentication inside ASP.NET MVC is valid:
- If an employee accesses the web application inside our company intranet then he will be able to login to the MVC application automatically (without the need to enter a username and password).
- If the user logs in to the application using VPN from outside the company intranet, then he still can access the application automatically without the need to enter username and password.
- But what happens if the user accesses the ASP.NET MVC web application using an operating system other than Windows such as Linux? Will Windows-based authentication work from inside or outside the company intranet?
- What will happen if a user accesses the web application from outside the company network using his personal PC using Windows operating system?