I have been tasked with organizing all of the company's internal content currently spread around sharepoint, a markdown reference manual and confluence into a single cohesive and usable portal in confluence. I want the home page to be the "dev center" and for it to be where we point new devs and where everyone goes for reference and to see what is going on at the company. Here are some general categories I imagine might be important:
- news... what's going on in the company, promotions, new hires, project updates
- best practices... coding standards, solutions to common problems, etc...
- on-boarding... docs describing how to set up a dev environment on your workstation
- company culture... org chart, roles and responsibilities, the functions of different groups, processes
- training... courses coming up, recommended and required training
- events... events coming up, slides and materials from previous events
Anything else you think is important to include? My goal is to have this portal be something devs actually want to look at multiple times per day for help doing their jobs.
Expected user base is around 500 devs, testers, ops, etc... across over a dozen teams. Both .Net and Java are in use in this Enterprise. The page will be in Confluence, so I believe we can let everyone contribute in some way, or should we lock it down and appoint content managers? Good point about analytics. I will include that in my proposal.
Thanks for the input!!