I'm about to set off on a journey to create a new report-generator for our in-house software. Our old generator is made in VB6, remotes Word, and pixelpushes images. And its slower than a sloth on a flypaper.
My question really is how I should proceed in setting up my app. The data it's reporting on is survey data. It's separated into questions and questiongroups. Today this goes a bit like this:
- Create report score for complete report
- Create report score for each questiongroup
- Create report score for each question
- Create report score for each question group
I addition there might be several extra steps to get scores by variable filter and such.
My problem is that I can't really wrap my head around any other way to do it than this "procedural" way. How would you go about in solving this? Any suggestions?
- Data is stored in MSSQL
- The environment is Windows