I've injured my wrist and looking over at the designer sitting across me using his pen and tablet made me think if that's something a web developer (20-40% time spent in photoshop) could use and maybe even be more efficient in the long term?
Are you a developer using pen / tablet and seriously not missing a mouse anymore? Why?
I did a search and found these but they don't answer my question exactly, or in enough detail:
- Development with a tablet (dated 2008)
- One handed coding with tablet
- One guy using a tablet / pen likes it
- Programming with feet?
- A designer switches to a tablet (good comments)
But what I did find I can summarise as follows:
- It is easier on the wrist.
- There is a learning curve.
- For pointing intensive work (ala photoshop) it is superior.
- You get better at keyboard shortcuts if you're not already.
- You might hold the pen while you type if you find picking up / putting down harder.
- Tablet to screen mapping is awesome (absolute positioning, i.e. tablet corner = screen corner)
I think I've almost convinced myself here :)