So yes, the problem has been raised in parts multiple times already. Still I'm looking for a keyboard layout that has the following features:
- Easy on fingers (Dvorak-like layouts welcome)
- Easy for coding
- Includes german characters (typing ä with AltGr-p is not ok).
- Works well with web-browsing (Ctrl-t and Ctrl-w on one hand, left one very much preferred, since that's where my ex-CapsLock, now Ctrl lies)
- Works well with default Emacs bindings
- Works on both Windows and Linux (at least easily installable)
I've looked at Dvorak and Neo, they both have a "shortcut problem", i.e. web-browsing and most frequent Emacs combinations use both parts of the keyboard. Using right Ctrl is usually not an option, since it'll give me RSI much faster than keeping QWERTY/Z. Funnily enough, mirroring the default Neo layout would probably be enough for me.
So, any ideas?