Just received this out of the blue from a recruiter - a number of things stand out to me:
- Hard working - with a stay until the job in done mentality
- Thrive on the pressure of tight weekly development deadlines
- Good attention to detail to ensure bug free development
- Ability to test all development work from user's perpective
- Ability to think like a user as well as a developer
- Good communication skills to understand new funcationality and bugs
- Flexibility to contribute outside main responsbilities when needed.
- Salary dependant on skills
- Contributary Pension with 4% contribution from employer (after 1 year of service)
- Private Healthcase (after 1 year of service) 20 days holiday + 3-4 days holiday between Christmas and New year - 1 day extra holiday available each quarter you don't have a day off sick (and an additional day if you are not off sick for the whole year ).
Would you want to work here? From what I can see they want a work-a-holic who will crawl out of his death bed in order to not lose holiday entitlement.
I've replied to the recruiter with the following message - hope it somehow gets to the company:
Thanks for sending me over the job description, however I don't believe you will get many favourable replies for this position. Please see here to find out why: What do you think of the following job specification?.
I would recommend returning to the client to discuss their expectations.