I need to find an installer tool that can do the following on Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit editions):
- Install IIS 7 if not installed
- Install .NET 4.0 if not installed
- Register ASP.NET 4.0 if necessary
- Install SQL Server 2008 Express Edition if not installed
- Install my webapp to IIS c:\inetpub\wwwroot\ by unpacking a ZIP file
- Create database, login and run scripts
- Update the web application's web.config file with database information
- Run two other MSI installs in silent mode (this one should be easy)
I have used InstallShield in the past with a Delphi application I have written, but this is a lot more complicated. I have never "deployed" a web application to client machines, and we need this install to be bulletproof since most clients who install will not have much IT knowledge.
What is the experience using these tools? We will buy the tool we decide is the best - but once we do, there won't be any going back - so I really want to make an informed decision.