Went for an interview and from what I could gather from the interviewer:
- Development is done to a 'wire-frame' specification where users get constant feedback and can change their mind at will
- I could be expected to 'set up new computers' and 'configure servers'
- Occasionally I will have to do unpaid overtime - particularly towards the end of a project
- They use visual source safe
- The company has chopped and changed quite a bit recently (name, management)
- I will be doing an extra hours work per day as compared to my current position and taking 1 less days holiday
- They want me to complete a test which is some development for their in house system (perhaps they want free work done?)
Now I understand all these points by themselves might not mean much, and I would be happy to do a few of them as part of my job. But all together its making me wonder. I've yet to get salary details but I'm thinking it would have to be quite a bit higher for me to consider jumping ship.
How does this position sound to you? Depending on the answers I'm tempted to link to company here - so I'm giving them a fair chance and they can defend themselves. Its possible that there are some misunderstandings due to short-ish hour-long interview.