I am a student of computer engineering. I have never done any programming before, and as you can understand, I don't know how to study it or how to make my own programs. My English is weak [edited for clarity - ed], and so if you don't like the choices I list, please feel free to provide others.
How should I study? How should I learn programming languages?
- Study completely from a book.
- Don't study from a book, just try writing code.
- A mix of the two; study from a book, then try writing code.
- Study half the book, then write the code by hand on paper.
- Listed to the teacher, then try to solve general problems (those not from any specific chapter).