Are there any standard surveys or questions that are useful for gauging software engineer or programmer job satisfaction? I hypothesize that determining software engineers' attitudes toward their jobs can reveal problems within an organization.
I'm thinking about questions such as the following:
- Are you reaching your full potential?
- Are you learning or improving skills that you could put on a resume?
- Are your skills valued within the company?
- Are your skills utilized?
- Is your voice heard?
- Do you have a mentor?
- Are you satisfied with your supervisor's leadership?
- Are you able to experiment and try new ideas?
Obviously the questions would need to be tweaked to get useful answers from a survey.