I am thinking of introducing weekly technology meeting where programmers working on the same project can discuss things like:
- current status of the project on technical side
- technology backlog. Things that we may have skipped because of deadlines but now coming back to bite us.
- technology constraints that are limiting developers from being productive
- new and emerging technologies that may apply to the project
Basically looking at the project from programmer's perspective, not the business side.
What would be some good guidelines for a meeting like this?
- How long should the meeting last?
- Is weekly too often?
- Should we time-limit each topic?
- What kinda of topics are good for a meeting like this and which ones are bad?
- Is 10 people too many?