I'm considering outsourcing a part of our web application development project for freelancers, namely the site building part. What I mean by site building is the process of creating the xhtml/css template files, with dummy content, from a psd file (or any other graphical layout file). The resulting xhtml/css files will be used by our developers as templates for cms based page rendering. The cms in this case is Drupal, but that might not be of much relevance.
I'm looking for a good set of requirements, that
- will result in good quality xhtml/css code, complying with today's standards
- leaves little to the freelancer developer's imagination in terms of what I need
I'm thinking about requirements like:
- Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional document type, validated by validator.w3.org
- Identical rendering in all modern browsers (FF, Chrome, Safari, Opera, IE7-8) and also in IE6
- All opening and closing block-level elements should be properly commented, referencing the functional part of the user interface they belong to (menu, toolbar, content, etc)
- No inline CSS definitions
And so on. How would you organize a list like that? What requirements would you add?
Edit: started bounty. I'd like to have a clear set of requirements that will save me some troubles.