I'm planning on making a simple discussion feature for a web framework I'm building. It should:
- allow anonymous posting
- block spam bots
The obvious answer is to use a generic "captcha" plugin, however I think there are some creative opportunities here that I would like to explore, e.g. questions like:
- (simple math) what is four + three? _
- (pop culture) who sings like a virgin? _
- (history) last name of first U.S. president: ___
- (pictures) [picture of Obama], who is this?: ____
- (contextual) what year was our association founded? ___
- (company) last name of our personnel director: ____
- (current events) the country that toppled Muburak: _
The captcha could actually be used to teach people about the community, information that they had to look up, etc.
Or these could be collected from users of the community, the ones which got approved and used would earn them reputation points.
What is the best way for a CAPTCHA to be designed so that it not only blocks spammers but helps reflect the knowledge of a community?