I would like to use a pure object oriented programming language to really learn what the paradigm is about. I'm not out to become an expert at such; mostly will I implement some small things with it and maybe, if I like it, I will actually continue using it after that.
I'm asking for a recommendation such a language. Is Smalltalk the way to go or do you have another suggestion? It should preferably have several of the following qualities:
- Plenty, or at least a good deal, of resources should exist for the language in question. Preferably texts which talk about it in a "pure OOP sense"
- The language should be fun to use.
- Come with interesting ideas.
- Be a rewarding language to learn.
- It should teach you what pure OOP is all about