After reading the Self-Paced Training kit Microsoft Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4, I ran the Microsoft Press Training Kit Exam Prep.
I would like to know if it sufficient to pass and manage the 70-511?
Ok, I did not pass the Exam this morning. So I Disencourage people which want to pass a certification without a meaningful experience. For your information, here my result :
As we can see, I've failed in two exam objectives :
- "Building a User Interface by Using Basic Techniques" which covering these chapters :
- Choose the most appropriate control class
- Implement screen layout by using nested control hierarchies.
- Create and apply styles and theming.
- Manage reusable resources.
- Implement an animation in WPF.
- "Enhancing the Functionality and Usability of a Solution"
- Integrate WinForms and WPF within an application.
- Implement asynchronous processes and threading.
- Incorporate globalization and localization features.
- Implement drag and drop operations within and across applications.
- Implement security features of an application.
- Manage user and application settings.
- Implement dependency properties.
I really don't understand why I've failed the first objectif. I think to know the fundamentals of WPF. One the other hand, I know why I've failed the second objectif exam : this is an aspect I don't masterize.
This exam shows me my weakness. Now I will focus on them.