I have a verbal job offer for a position where I made it clear that I would be working remotely and they said no problem they have lots of remote workers. However they have said that I should not take the job if I wouldn't consider possibly relocating at some point in the future.
Written job offer is pending.
The job offer sounds great and I am very excited about it, however, I'm a little concerned they will try to force me to relocate at some point. I feel they are offering me a remote job because they want me, but their strong preference is to have me locally. I can't accommodate that in the next 12-18 months, and I have communicated that to them.
I live close enough to the job place that I could make twice monthly trips down to connect with them and my hope is I can make the job work that way for the foreseeable future.
My fear is that "possibly relocating" to them means "if any problems are encountered with remote working" and "possibly relocating" means to me "if I so choose that relocating is in my best interest." If this job offer had required me to move in one years time, I would probably not take it, but in this situation, I think i can work things out.
What do you think I should do with this job offer?