If I would like to quickly set up a modern website, what programming language + framework has best support for this? E.g. short and easy to understand code for a beginner and a framework with support for modern features. Disregard my current knowledge, I'm more interested in the capacity of web programming languages and frameworks.
- Readable URIs: http://example.com/category/id/page-title similar to the urls here on Programmers.
- ORM. A framework that has good database support and provide ORM or maybe a NoSQL-database.
- Good support for RESTful WebServices.
- Good support for testing and unit testing, to make sure the site is working as planned.
- Preferably a site that is ready to scale with an increasing number of users.