I have seen many job posting with normal technical skills required but there are few thing mentioned in them , which i have no idea actually how can i go about improving them or how should i prove them that i know this
- Software development lifecycle quality control
- Setting up version control in a traditional dev/test/stage/production environment with firewalls between stage and production.Note: setting up not just using version control.
- Automating and optimising software release processes
- Simultaneous database updates and code revisions
- Releases to distributed server farms in multiple locations
- Setting up error checking, error reporting processes and alert systems
- Knowledge of search technologies is highly desirable.
- Agile Programming Methodology and Unit testing Experience
Now i want to know from experienced programmers or job interviewers how much deeply they ask for these things.
The reason i am asking this is that if someone can guide how can i learn those so that at least i can have those thing in resume so that i can get an edge over those who have not written anything about it. I don't want to tell lie but what i want to do is apply those small to some websites so that at least i can tell them i covered this here. I have 6 months free time before i go to my country to start applying for jobs, so i am just searching for jobs requirements so that i am capable of write them in my resume.