The problem I am facing:
- My team members start working on projects without the functional/technical documents ready - even if our company process dictates these should be there before starting.
- My team members accept cheap, unstructured solutions and will implement really bad hacks into software without thinking twice when project management notes they have 'limited time'.
- My team members start working on projects that work together with an unfinished project from another team - which is untested and unfinished. (causing alot of extra work).
- Improvements and entire phase(s) of software aren't properly planned, and often result in front-end / design is not finished when the back-end developer has to start work.
These problems have been discussed endlessly for multiple times since I have started working here. Everyone agreed and the bottom line was that we must enforce the process, that means the back-end developer won't start until everything is taken care of.
These issues keep happening - and I am getting really de-motivated up to the point that I am really annoyed with the work itself and some of my colleagues.
My team members complain alot - but only towards each other.
They keep on going - whatever the situation is. The result?
- I grow insecure, perhaps it's me?
- Is this just how things are supposed to go?
How can I say no against work ignoring the process if everyone else seems to mindlessly accept?.
That is without looking like some annoying developer who is just looking for something to bitch all the time.