I just sent out emails to five local web design companies to my area asking to take drawings to HTML/CSS/jQuery. None of the ones who accepted the deal seem suitable to myself. Others rejected the offer because they wanted to 'provide an end-to-end solution' or are 'booked till June'.
The local companies did not seem suitable to myself because my review process is this: goto their website, do a view-source. I'll see really weird things (contact us forms that go nowhere), really old things (mm_menu.js), and portfolios that are non-existent (aren't on the site, don't link anywhere, or otherwise).
The company would like to hire as locally as they can rather than out-source to another country.
Answers I'm looking for
- Processes you use when searching for someone
- How you qualify their aptitude for the project
- Anything that you think I'm doing wrong, or should be doing also.
Answers I'm not looking for:
- "Hello sir please contact me we do everything for 10 dolla."
- My bud's great at this stuff, call him.
- example.com is the best for this.